Radiofrequency Skin Treatment
Radiofrequency (RF) treatment is a nonsurgical, noninvasive procedure that delivers heat to the tissue below the epidermis (upper layer of skin). The heat encourages cell turnover, stimulates the production of collagen, and causes the collagen fibre to become shorter and tauter, thus tightening the skin and eliminating wrinkles and fine lines.
Areas that can be treated with Radio Frequency (Skin Tightening)
Just about any part of the body can be treated. The face is a popular area, however RF has also been very successful in treating many of the concerns below:
- Skin laxity on the eyelids. Special contact lenses are used to protect your eyes during the procedure
- Eyebrows that need elevating and a more natural, acute angle
- Indents on either side of the nose
- Horizontal lines on the neck
- Arms, abdomens, thighs and buttocks that need body contouring or reduction of cellulite
Advantages of RF:
- It does not take much time. Many treatments can be carried out in your lunch hour.
- There is no downtime or post-treatment skin care.
- There are no scars.
- All skin types and colours can be treated.
During an RF Treatment:
- Before the procedure, a protective cool gel is applied to the skin. The practitioner moves the RF handpiece across the skin in the targeted area during which a current flows from electrodes to heat the skin’s deeper layers
- You may experience a mild warming sensation
- Treatments take from 10 to 60 minutes depending on the area being treated
After the Treatment:
- There is no recovery time. Patients can resume their regular activities immediately after the procedure.
- Some patients experience a slight pinkness in the treated area, a tingling or a mild swelling, any or all of which will disappear within 2 to 24 hours.