Dermalux LED PhotoTherapy
Dermalux LED (“light-emitting diode”) Phototherapy is a safe, painless, effective, non-invasive treatment that emits clinically proven therapeutic light energy into the skin’s layers to trigger the cellular activity needed for the skin to heal and rejuvenate. The coloured wavelengths have specific benefits to the skin cells that are unable to renew themselves due to the ageing process.
Coloured Wavelengths Do:
- Dermalux Red Rejuvenating Red light energises cells to accelerate renewal, boost collagen, increases elastin production and increases hydration for smoother firmer skin. Encourages the production of collagen for fuller skin, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, repairs sun damage, reduces inflammation and redness, and provides a healthy glow to the skin. Ideal for restoring vitality and glow.
- Dermalux Blue Blemish fighting blue light destroys the bacteria and prohibits the generation of the bacteria that causes acne and spots, helps improves the skin clarity without irritation. It also has a calming effect on problem skin conditions.
It can also target the sebaceous (oil) glands.
- Dermalux Near Infrared
Regenerating Near Infrared light offers advanced rejuvenation benefits, promotes healthy skin, calms redness and irritation and helps to reduce pigmentation.
The Benefits of Dermalux LED Phototherapy:
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Treats acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis
- Combats bacteria
- Regulates oil production
- Heals wounds, sun damage and scarring
- Brightens and tones the complexion
The Benefits of Dermalux LED PhotoTherapy:
- No ultraviolet rays used
- Safe for all skin types and colours
- Safe for regular use
- Does not cause burning
- No downtime
- Suitable for all ages
During the Treatment:
The Dermalux treatment is relaxing and pain-free with proven mood-enhancing effects. The whole procedure takes 30 minutes. Your practitioner will cleanse your face, you will be given protective goggles to protect your eyes, you will then lie back and relax under a panel of lights. The last step is the application of moisturiser and sun protection (SPF).
After the Treatment:
- There is no recovery time. Patients can resume their regular activities immediately after the treatment and they will be glowing
- Some patients experience a slight pinkness in the treated area, this will disappear within 2 to 24 hours.
Side effects are very rare and have not occurred during clinical trials, but you may have increased inflammation, redness, rash or hives. Call the clinic if you experience any of the following symptoms post-treatment:
- increased inflammation