LED Light Therapy
LED (“light-emitting diode”) Light Therapy is a safe, painless, effective treatment that emits packets of light deep into the skin’s layers to trigger the cellular activity needed for the skin to heal and rejuvenate. The coloured wavelengths have specific benefits to the skin cells that are unable to renew themselves due to the ageing process.
Coloured Wavelengths Do:
- Red encourages the production of collagen for smoother, fuller skin. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, repairs sun damage, reduces inflammation and redness, and provides a healthy glow to the skin.
- Blue prohibits the generation of the bacteria that causes acne. It also targets the sebaceous (oil) glands.
- Yellow/white increases the overall health of the skin, rejuvenates it, speeds up the healing of wounds, improves blood circulation to the skin and reduces the signs of ageing. It also soothes the skin.
The. Benefits of LED Light:
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
- Minimises the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Treats acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis
- Combats bacteria
- Regulates oil production
- Heals wounds, sun damage and scarring
- Brightens and tones the complexion
The Benefits of LED Light Therapy:
- No ultraviolet rays used
- Safe for all skin types and colours
- Safe for regular use
- Does not cause burning
- No downtime
- Suitable for all ages
During the Treatment:
The whole procedure takes 30 minutes. The practitioner will cleanse your face you will be given protective goggles to protect your eyes, you will then lie back and relax under a panel of lights. The last step is the application of moisturiser and sun protection (SPF).
After the Treatment:
- There is no recovery time. Patients can resume their regular activities immediately after the treatment
- Some patients experience a slight pinkness in the treated area, a tingling or a mild swelling, any or all of which will disappear within 2 to 24 hours.
Side effects are very rare and have not occurred during clinical trials, but you may have increased inflammation, redness, rash or hives. Call the clinic if you experience any of the following symptoms post-treatment:
- increased inflammation