The CryoPen is a state-of-the-art cryotherapy device used to remove unwanted, benign skin imperfections from the surface of the skin effectively, efficiently and painlessly.
Blemishes that Can Be Treated With the CryoPen:
- Cherry angioma (red mole): a bright red or purple mole-like growth that is made up of small blood vessels (capillaries) usually found on the torso
- Milia: a cluster of small, white bumps that typically appears on the nose and cheeks
- Skin Tag: a small flap of tissue that hangs off the skin by a connecting stalk, often on the eyelids, neck, upper chest and underarms
- Solar Lentigo (age spot, sun spot, liver spot): a very common patch of darkened skin due to exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation
- Verruca (plantar wart): a small, rough lump commonly found on the heel or ball of the foot
- Wart: a small, grainy skin growth that occurs most often on the fingers and hands
* May be found on any part of the body
The Benefits of the CryoPen:
- The Cryopen is both CE and FDA registered
- It is not invasive
- No anesthesia is used nor topical numbing agents
- A sting is the most that you will feel
- A treatment takes two minutes or less
- It can be used on children as well as adults
The treatment time depends on how large the blemish is and how thic, but your appointment will be between 15 and 30 minutes.
During the Treatment:
The practitioner uses the CryoPen to direct a fine, ultra-cold, high-pressure jet of nitrous oxide to the skin blemish being treated with pinpoint precision so that normal tissue is not damaged. The nitrous oxide freezes the content of the targeted cells, forming ice shards and crystals which rupture and destroy those cells. The usual technique is called “freeze-thaw-freeze.”
After the Treatment:
The area treated is left uncovered to allow for speedy healing—unless the blemish was in an area that may be aggravated in any way. In that case, the practitioner will apply a simple dressing on it.
The treated area will scab over in a few days and then heal in one to four weeks. Healing time depends on where the treated area is and your own particular rate of healing.
Side effects are few and rare, but you do not need to be concerned if the following occur:
- The skin colour in the treated area may become lighter or darker. We cannot guarantee that it will return to its natural color. This is dependent on each individual’s healing and pigment levels in the skin
- Normal sensitivity in the treated area may be diminished but will return in a couple/few months
- The hair follicle may be damaged and no longer able to produce hair It is highly unlikely that you will notice one or two hairs missing