A chemical peel is a cosmetic treatment that exfoliates the weather-beaten and damaged external layer of skin to reveal the underlying newer, firmer and smoother skin. Chemical peels are recommended for reducing fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes and age spots as well as irregular pigmentation on the face and neck.
Chemical peels are available for different skin types and skin concerns. They vary in the degree of penetration and peeling.
- Light or superficial peels remove some of the top layer of skin to correct minor skin imperfections, such as congested pores and dull, rough skin.
- Moderate or medium peels remove the second layer of skin for more advanced treatment.
- Deep peels are performed only by physicians to remove deep wrinkles, scarring and precancerous growths. A local anesthetic and a sedative are needed for the treatment, and recovery time is extensive.
At Brookside Aesthetics we use NEOSTRATA® a ProSystem that is a highly effective. It is a superficial peeling system that offers a range of peel options, including peels that are intended for specific skincare concerns, this will enable your aesthetician to safely design a treatment plan around your needs and concerns. These superficial peels are considered “lunchtime peels” because there is little to no downtime following the treatment.
NEOSTRATA® ProSystem Peels are used in conjunction with NEOSTRATA® skincare products, to address the cosmetic aspects of the skin to help the skin to appear smoother, younger and healthier-looking with enhanced clarity and brightness.
The Pro System can address the following:
- Photo ageing skin
- Acne (Teen, Adult and Hormonal Acne)
- Rosacea/Sensitive skin
- Pseudofolliculitis Barbae
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Dry/Dehydrated skin
- Textural skin concerns
Neostrata ProSystem consists of six flexible free-acid option peeling systems, 20%, 35%, 50% and 70%, a Clarifying Peel of 30% Mandelic and Citric Acid and a Brightening Peel of 30% Citric Acid.
Following your Visia Skin assessment a full treatment plan will be put together with advise on pre preparation and your aftercare home procedure which will incorporate the Neostrata products prescribed to you. The aftercare procedures following your chemical peel treatment will give you the optimum results for your skin concerns and outcome.
The NeoStrata Prosystem Retinol Peel:
ProSystem Retinol Peel is an advanced, 3% Retinol Peel that is clinically proven to exfoliate and improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne-prone skin, and skin laxity. It is designed for patients who have mild to severe photoaging, acne and acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and age spots, and/or anyone wishing to improve their overall complexion. It is a very effective peel with minimal downtime, showing visible results even after one peel, it is recommended that you have a course of four to six peels at four to six-week intervals.
Please note that you may receive mild peeling of the skin following each treatment.
- Redness is a normal side effect and is evidence of healing
- There may be changes in skin colour, either darker or lighter than normal, this is very rare but can be more common in people with dark skin types
- Very rarely, there may be scarring
- Also, very rarely, an infection may develop